How Our Courses Offer an Easy Way to Earn High School Credit
Studying at Jewish Virtual High School offers a relatively easy way to earn high school credit when compared with other methods, both traditional and alternative. This doesn’t mean to say that you won’t receive a thorough education or that your credits will be worth less, in any way, than those obtained via other means. We use advances in modern technology to make things easier while reaching for higher standards than ever.
Reason Why Studying at JVHS Is an Easy Way to Earn High School Credit
There are several reasons why studying online can be a better and more effective way to take courses. As each person’s circumstances are unique, some of these will be of more benefit to others, but we are confident that the overall way that study is undertaken makes it a great way for people to achieve the results they want. This is due to a number of reasons:
- Online Study Is More Accessible – With online study, there’s no need to worry about how you’re going to get to school – no waiting for school buses or having to pay to run a car. Students with reduced mobility don’t need to worry about dealing with old stairwells, ice and other obstacles just to get to class.
- More Flexibility with Scheduling – At a bricks-and-mortar school, students are usually restricted with regard to which courses they can take at a particular time, due to limitations on teachers’ time, classroom space and resources. Studying online gives you more freedom to take the courses you want as and when it suits you.
- You Are Not Held Back by Where You Live – Many students are refused the opportunity to go to school where they want to, simply due to some arbitrary lines drawn on a map which determine which school district their home happens to be in. Studying online allows you to study at the best institutions in the country. In fact, Jewish Virtual High School accepts students who live outside the country, in order to provide the best education to as many people as possible.
- Study at Your Own Pace – At traditional schools, evening schools and summer schools, you’re expected to get through the material and know it within a certain time frame, before moving on. This inevitably means that some students feel they are progressing too slowly, whereas others feel they are moved on before they have a full understanding of what has been taught. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace in order to maximize your understanding and avoid wasting time.
- More Freedom in What You Learn – A traditional school can only offer certain courses if there is enough demand, in order to justify hiring a teacher, developing materials and so on. JVHS offers courses that are relevant to students’ cultural backgrounds, which are not widely available in most areas.
When comparing the different modern ways to study, it is clear that online courses offer a relatively easy way to earn high school credit.